The Calgary JCC serves as the Jewish 'living room' of the Community, while offering social, educational, recreational, and cultural programming within the framework of the Jewish tradition to individuals and families of all ages and stages.
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has maintenance and custodial experience. Part time staff will be requested to work relief shifts mainly during weekends and some weekday evening shifts.
- Setting up rooms for meetings/events, janitorial and light maintenance work.
- Cleaning of locker rooms and reporting any facility or equipment repairs to the Facilities Director.
- Set ups include moving tables/chairs and connecting AV equipment such as projectors and microphones.
- Complete facility inspections and coordinate necessary maintenance
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- The early weekend shift is responsible for opening the building, turning on lights and checking male locker rooms for readiness.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding chemical labels and safety notices
- Positive customer service skills
- Preference given to individuals familiar with WHMIS and pool operations
- This individual must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.
Please email your resume to Safa Likhon, Director of Facilities.
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Leanne Crane, Aquafitness Coordinator.