CSEP-CPT/CEP Fitness Professional
The Calgary JCC is seeking a highly motivated, organized and creative individual able to work as part of a dynamic team of personal trainers to deliver the highest quality personal training to both members and non-members of the JCC.
The Calgary Jewish Community Center is a multifaceted organization that serves a variety of clients from youth to elderly and from beginners to elite athletes as well as sports teams. We require a fitness professional that can work with the different spectrum of clients looking for personal training as well as working as part of team responsible for maintaining the integrity of the fitness facility.
Specifically, the successful candidate will have the ability to work as a lead or second trainer in our clinical group exercise classes. These include our Active Living program for people with chronic conditions and our specialized Parkinson’s class. They will also be able to take on a variety of personal training clients and teach high intensity group classes. There will be opportunities depending on the season for training different sport teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Ability to adapt to different clientele and different types of training/classes.
- Have a flexible schedule allowing for hours that may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Strong leadership, effective communication, innovative thinker and motivation skills.
- Minimum completion of a University degree or diploma in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education or related field.
- Currently hold one of the following Certifications: CSEP Certified Personal Trainer, CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist, or approved equivalent.
- Asset certifications include: NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, TRX, Kettlebell, yoga, etc
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification and CPR Level C
Please submit your cover letter and resumé, in confidence by email to Scott Russell, Health and Wellness Programs Manager.
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Leanne Crane, Aquafitness Coordinator.