Full-Time Facilities Operator
Working in a team environment reporting to the Director of Operations, the Facilities Operator position is responsible for general building maintenance like pool and mechanical maintenance. Providing professional, pro-active, hands-on comprehensive facility services in an aging facility while actively pursuing capital upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot building mechanical / pool systems, including follow up with contractors
- Carry out minor repairs and preventative building maintenance activities
- Check rooms daily for neatness and configure as necessary for meetings / events
- Cleaning and up-keep of locker rooms, washrooms, and maintenance areas
- Periodic shipping / receiving, snow removal, and flag changes on the roof
- Complete facility inspections, daily logs, and coordination of necessary maintenance in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Support other team members, staff, and tenants
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preference given to candidates with Power Engineering 5th Class and Pool Operator
- WHIMIS and First Aid are considered assets
- Building automation experience and comfortable with Microsoft Excel / Word
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others
- Ability to prioritize.
The base shift is days, from Tuesday to Saturday – and some flexibility is required in regards to shifts. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.
Please email your resume to Rik Swanink, Director of Operations.
Part-Time Maintenance Worker
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative, outgoing, and has maintenance and custodial experience. The part-time shifts are mainly for weekday evenings and/or weekend day shifts. At this time there is some flexibility in regards to shifts.
Duties include: Setting up rooms for meetings/events, building checks, janitorial and light maintenance work and repairs; cleaning of locker rooms and reporting any facility or equipment repairs to the Facilities Director; set ups include moving tables/chairs; connecting AV equipment such as projectors and microphones.
The early weekend shift is responsible for opening the building, turning on lights, and checking men’s locker rooms for readiness.
Qualifications we are looking for:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Preference given to candidates with pool experience or training.
• Ability to lift 24 kg of pool chemical.
• Understanding chemical labels and safety guidelines.
• Positive customer service skills.
• Preference given to individuals familiar with WHMIS.
The successful candidates must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.
Please email your resume to Rik Swanink, Facilities Director.
Child Care Staff
We are looking for a team player who is energetic, creative and outgoing, and who has childcare experience. This position requires familiarity with Emergent Curriculum programming and accreditation standards, as well as Alberta licensing and health regulations. This individual must have an Alberta Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor certificate, current First Aid and CPR certificate, a police clearance and vulnerable sector search not more than six months old, and be fluent in English — reading, writing and speaking. Shifts may vary according to the needs of the daycare, so flexibility is required. Familiarity with Jewish culture and values is an asset. We offer competitive wages and our compensation package includes group benefits and a gym membership.
Please email your resume to Terri Van Meer, Daycare Director.
Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader
The JCC is currently seeking an Aqua Exercise Specialty Leader to conduct safe, challenging and fun-filled aqua classes which meet the needs of a wide range of fitness levels. This individual will demonstrate strong customer service, have a positive attitude, project a positive image of good health and fitness and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of our diverse clientele. CALA, AFLCA, CPR and First Aid certifications must be kept current.
Please email your resume to Leanne Crane, Aquafitness Coordinator.