Health and Safety Guidelines
We want to assure you that our highest priority is creating a safe and healthy environment for your children and our staff. Therefore, to comply with government orders and guidelines, we are taking extra precautions to help our community stay safe and healthy. In addition, we are asking you – our parents – to partner with us by adhering to health guidelines, providing open and honest communication, and demonstrating patience.
We will do our utmost to ensure that your children are safe and well cared for. Our staff team will follow the stringent protocols and guidelines set out by the Minister of Child and Family Services along with Alberta Health Services.
What We Are Doing
- Staff and children will be assessed each day for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building.
- All children will be required to wear a mask on the bus. All children will be assigned a specific seat when riding the bus each day.
- The bus will be cleaned and disinfected after each school run.
- Each classroom will follow the licensed ratio guidelines. 1:10 for Kids ‘R’ Us, and 1:15 for Beyond the Bell.
- Anyone other than the designated teaching staff will be wearing masks in the childcare area. This will include the children’s program supervisor and all cleaning staff.
- Cleaning and disinfecting program areas and equipment will take place on a regular schedule throughout the day.
- Cohort groups will not be mixed throughout the day.
- Shared spaces and structures (i.e. outdoor playground) will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- We have designated expanded space within the JCC to run our Beyond the Bell program, this includes two cohort groups in the divided gym.
- Children and teachers will be required to wash their hands upon entering childcare, before and after meals, and when entering to and from the outdoor playground.
If you have any further questions / concerns, please do not hesitate contacting Doralynn Fiddler. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to the JCC this fall!