Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Aquatics Coordinator is primarily responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the Steven Blitz Aquatics Centre and aquatic programs at the JCC. This is a full-time position, Sunday through Thursday, some evenings and weekends required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The aquatics coordinator will serve as an integral part of the JCC management team, as well as working within the framework of the agency program as a whole.
- Responsible for and is expected to maintain the highest standard of safety and cleanliness in the Aquatics Centre and develop aquatic programs for our members and the public.
- Liaise with our aquatic tenants, Swimland, and outside renters.
- Must be well organized, with the ability to plan classes and schedules, several months in advance.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- This position requires independent judgment, initiative and administrative skills.
- The aquatics coordinator is expected to be innovative, imaginative and provide a positive role model for members and other staff.
- Recruit, supervise, train, evaluate, and schedule all swim instructors and lifeguards, as needed.
- Run quarterly in-services with both aquatic staff and weight room monitors.
- Must be reliable, punctual, and maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Provide back-up support and fill-in where needed in the absence of swim instructors or lifeguards.
- Provide on-the-job supervision to all JCC swim instructors and lifeguards.
- Continually evaluate programs, solicit feedback, review, and analyze results.
- Purchase program supplies and equipment.
- Monitor budget spending on a monthly basis with the Director of Operations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive, creative, and progressive swim schedule of private lessons and group swim programs that meet the needs of our members and the surrounding community.
- Work with other JCC departments, as well as other Jewish agencies and organizations to enhance activities and programs.
- Participate in staffing major JCC programs or events outside of the department when assigned.
- Assist in the development of appropriate publicity materials and public relations approaches for the department. This includes, but is not limited to: posters, brochures, mailings, press releases, and program guide.
- Facilitate a positive growth image of the JCC in the community.
- Integrate programs with a Jewish component that emphasize Jewish culture and values.
- Work to job completion.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
Certifications / Registrations Required
- Standard First Aid and CPR Instructor.
- National Lifeguard Instructor.
- CALA or other Aquafit certification considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Intelli Manager considered an asset.