Arts and Culture Manager
The Paperny Family JCC is looking for an upbeat, collaborative, and creative person who has a passion for Jewish arts and culture. Responsibilities of the Arts and Culture Manager would include program curation, display creation, volunteer management, department development, and general support of JCC initiatives. Flex your creativity with this exciting and dynamic role. This position reports to the Director of Engagement Programs and requires developed organizational skills and a flexible schedule, as well as extensive knowledge of Jewish cultural practices and holidays. This is a part-time position.
Please apply in confidence before Friday, March 31, 2023.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Program cultural arts courses and workshops for all ages and abilities.
- Program Jewish holidays activities and displays.
- Program diverse cultural and recreational events.
- Facilitate gatherings for different social groups both internal and external.
- Develop new innovative arts programming, with an emphasis on Jewish values, customs, and expression.
- Maintain regular schedule of programs and community offerings.
- Attend weekly JCC staff meetings.
- Maintain a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all participants.
- Outreach – discover new target markets, expand outreach/attendance, develop participant tracking system.
- Volunteer and committee development – cultivate relationships with lay leaders.
- Strategic planning.
- Engage in collaborative partnership development – increase agency collaborations, recognize cultural opportunities, and maximize their potential.
- Develop and manage a programmatic budget.
- Engage in ongoing program financial analysis.
- Pursue grant opportunities as appropriate.
- Market programs both internally and externally.
- Represent the arts and culture department to the greater JCC, Jewish, and Calgary community at networking and community events.
- Assist with the JCC’s annual Sports Dinner fundraiser.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and protocols related to programs and the facilities.
- Maintain currency of professional knowledge and ensure that applicable professional certification is maintained.
- Work to job completion.
- Work as a member of the JCC and PAC programming team to support JCC wide goals and objectives.
- Membership recruitment.
- Actively partner with other JCC and Calgary Jewish Federation departments, as well as external cultural, religious, and faith-based groups.
- Other duties as required.
- CPR/First Aid.
- Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.