Assistant Executive Director
The Assistant Executive Director (AED) is a key role within the Senior Leadership Team. This is an advanced management position responsible for overseeing major segments of operations and management within the Paperny Family JCC. The AED will lead and develop specific management staff in the different departments to provide a sustainable level of excellence in character, customer service, execution of job duties, and quality programming. The AED will ensure that the correct systems are in place to execute the JCC’s mission and vision. Application deadline date is Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Overall supervision and support of the management team within fitness, recreation, aquatics, membership, and facility departments.
- Liaise between the JCC and True Blue Swim School.
- Represent the JCC in appropriate meetings, and at interagency and professional conferences.
- Well versed in Intelligenz software system.
- Work with department managers to develop strategic plans for fitness, recreation, aquatics, and membership areas. Look for areas of growth and better efficiencies.
- Develop new, and expand existing relationships with organizations and businesses in the Jewish and greater community that will enhance the visibility of programs.
- Recruits, hires and trains new management staff.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to staff; evaluates performance and provides on-going coaching and feedback.
- Identifies performance issues and recommends disciplinary action and/or termination to the Executive Director.
- Assists in developing and supervising the agency program budgets for identified areas and maintaining fiscal controls.
- Supervises purchases of program equipment and supplies, and gives approval for same to identified program staff.
- Oversees staff education and development.
- Attends staff meetings, supervisory meetings, meetings of the Centre’s senior leadership team, JCC operations board meeting, as well as other and all relevant JCC committee meetings.
- Works with identified staff to write grants for programs.
- Assesses and monitors staffing requirements.
- Represents the JCC in the community at senior professional levels.
- Is involved with agency and departmental budget reviews, program development and supervision, and training of professional staff.
- Participates with the JCC board, committees, and leadership development.
- Administrative responsibilities include budget development, program evaluation, needs assessments, special events, and marketing.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze budgets in fitness, recreation, aquatics, and membership areas, working to meet outlined goals.
- Work with client relationship manager to evaluate customer service staff performance, compile reports with regard to membership sales, and create new initiatives for retention and customer service excellence. Together with the manager and the accounting department, ensure that processes in place are implemented to charge and collect the fees dues for services.
- Work with the director of facilities to ensure that fitness, recreation, and aquatics facilities are operating efficiently and sustainably.
- Review and analyze recruitment and retention statistics on a regular basis.
- Manage department payroll and verify hours worked.
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as needed.
Relationships with Community Organizations
- Maintains cooperative relationships with organizations and agencies that can contribute to the JCC’s programs.
- Serves with colleagues in similar positions on community wide committees.
- Participates with other agencies in developing joint programs and community wide activities.
- Participates in professional organizations in the field.
- Represents the JCC at assigned Federation and other agency functions.
- Upon assignment by the Executive Director, represents the agency in other community activities.
Responsibilities may change as the needs of the JCC change. This would be done with prior consultation with the Executive Director.
Specialized Skills and Competencies
- Excellent human relations, communications, and member service skills.
- Cooperative and friendly attitude.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Bachelor degree in business, Jewish education, or related field.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and values are an asset.
- Five to seven years supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to supervise staff and develop programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.