Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Client Services Manager and is responsible for providing customer service support to all members, guests and staff. Customer service staff must demonstrate a strong customer service ethic as well as being sensitive to the needs of a diverse clientele. They must be able to multi-task, work independently, and be a team player. The customer service staff is the first response to an emergency and therefore must be able to stay calm under stress and co-ordinate the appropriate action. This is a full-time position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet individuals in a friendly courteous manner.
- Ensure all members and public have completed the check-in procedure.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons and staff by responding to both in person and telephone inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Refer programs to patrons to help them meet their goals.
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood and followed.
- Process new members and renewals.
- Enroll members and guests into programs.
- Update member database to ensure accurate readings.
- File records and transfer phone calls to the appropriate person.
- Execute opening and closing procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Client Services Manager.
- Assist Client Services Manager in prospecting new business.
- Be prepared to work a flexible schedule.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Current criminal record check and vulnerable sector search.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Ability to upsell.
- Sales and marketing experience an asset.