Facilities Operator / Assistant
Working in a team environment reporting to the Senior Director of Facilities, the Facilities Operator / Assistant is a full-time position and is responsible for general building maintenance such as pool and mechanical maintenance. Providing professional, pro-active, hands-on, comprehensive facility services, in an aging facility while actively pursuing capital upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot building mechanical / pool systems, including follow up with contractors.
- Carry out minor repairs and preventative building maintenance activities.
- Check rooms daily for neatness and configure as necessary for meetings / events.
- Clean and upkeep of locker rooms, washrooms, and maintenance areas.
- Periodic shipping / receiving, inventory, snow removal, and flag changes on the roof.
- Complete facility inspections, daily logs, and coordinate necessary maintenance in conjunction with the Senior Director of Facilities.
- Support other team members, staff, and building tenants.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Facilities.
- Preference given to candidates with Power Engineering 5th Class and Pool Operator.
- WHIMIS and First Aid are considered assets.
- Building automation experience and comfortable with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others.
- Ability to prioritize.
The base shift is Tuesday to Saturday days and some flexibility is required in regards to shifts. The successful candidates must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.