We are seeking a team player for our maintenance staff who is energetic, creative, outgoing, and has maintenance and custodial experience. This is a part-time (32 to 40 hours) position to work early morning shifts starting at 5:30am. Availability on weekends may be required.
- Setting up rooms for meetings/events, janitorial, and light maintenance work.
- Cleaning of locker rooms and reporting any facility or equipment repairs to the facilities director.
- Set-ups include moving tables/chairs and connecting AV equipment such as projectors and microphones.
- Completing facility inspections and coordinating necessary maintenance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The early weekend shift is responsible for opening the building, turning on lights, and checking male locker rooms for readiness.
Qualifications we are looking for;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding chemical labels and safety notices.
- Positive customer service skills.
- Preference given to individuals familiar with WHMIS and pool operations.
- One year maintenance experience (preferred).
- Must be able to obtain a police clearance and vulnerable sector search.