The Calgary JCC’s licensed and accredited Out of School Care program is in search of a Part-Time Early Childhood Teacher. We are seeking mature and responsible candidates who are enthusiastic about working with children. Ideal candidates will be able to work individually and as part of a larger team of Out of School Care professionals. An ideal position for new graduates looking to gain experience in the childcare field.
We expect our staff to be punctual, organized, and ready to set the tone for a positive childcare experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Daily supervision of children within assigned programs.
· Assist with program development, maintenance, and implementation.
· Ensure children are safe and behaving appropriately.
· Offer and facilitate developmentally appropriate activities.
· Ensure equipment is safe, clean, and replaced if needed.
· Day-to-day cleaning and organizational tasks.
· Keep classroom up to licensing / accreditation standards.
· Daily communication with parents.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Expected start date: January 4, 2021
Salary: $15-16 per hour
Age Requirement: 18+