Weight Room Monitor
The Paperny Family JCC is currently seeking a Weight Room Monitor to join our team, under the supervision of our Fitness Manager.
The Weight Room Monitor is responsible for the day-to-day cleanliness of the facility. This position is responsible for keeping equipment clean, tidying all loose equipment, wiping down machines, and reporting broken or unsafe equipment to the Fitness Manager. This position is also responsible for customer interaction on an ongoing basis. The Weight Room Monitor will provide first aid or CPR in an emergency.
- Use excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, members and all members of the general public.
- Assist and address all members’ questions/concerns while providing outstanding customer service.
- Assist members with basic knowledge of equipment.
- Continuously walk the weight room engaging the members; make yourself available to the members.
- Clean equipment and area.
- Check equipment on a regular basis throughout your shift to know what is operational or not.
- Keep the lifestyles area and personal training studio tidy at all times: Check paper towel dispensers, spray bottles, hand sanitizers, and trash – ensuring that all equipment is in proper location.
- Report any complaints and broken equipment by filling out an equipment breakdown report in the communication binder.
- Always wear proper staff attire.
- Complete other duties as required.
Certifications / Registrations Required
- Valid Standard First Aid Certification and CPR Level C.
- Canfitpro and AFLCA an asset.
Proof of full vaccination will be required as a condition of employment.