Vegan Cauliflower Tacos
These Vegan Cauliflower Tacos with vegan yogurt garlic sauce are the perfect comfort food! They’re super crispy, easy to make, and sooo delicious! This recipe can easily be adapted to be non-vegan by using dairy milk and yogurt.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 6 tacos
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 cup BBQ-sauce or Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings sauce
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- black pepper
- 1 small romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ small red cabbage, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- juice from one lime
- sriracha sauce
- green onions, sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 6 medium corn or flour tortillas
Vegan Yogurt Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based coconut or soy yogurt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 °F.
- Make cauliflower batter in large bowl, by combining flour, plant-based milk, water, garlic power, paprika powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Dip florets into batter, so they’re completely coated. Roll them in panko breadcrumbs (omit this step for a gluten-free version and use chickpea flour instead of all-purpose flour).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay cauliflower florets on baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove them from oven and dip them in the BBQ sauce. Coat evenly. Put them back on baking sheet. If you want them to be spicier drizzle a bit of sriracha sauce on top or add it to the BBQ sauce before coating the cauliflower. Bake for another 25 minutes.
- For yogurt garlic sauce, combine all ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve cauliflower on soft tortillas together with lettuce, red cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and avocado. Drizzle some fresh lime juice on top and serve with yogurt garlic sauce and some more sriracha sauce (optional).