COVID -19 Protocols: Daycare Centre
JCC Childcare’s highest priority is creating a safe and healthy environment for your children and our staff. As such we have practices in place to minimize the risk of transmission, provide rapid response in case of symptom development and follow up with testing for possible positive COVID-19 results. In addition, we are asking you – our families – to stay up to date with current developments related to COVID-19, adhere to Alberta Health Services Health and Safety Childcare Guidelines, provide honest communication, and demonstrate patience and understanding as we all deal with our new normal.
Our teachers follow the stringent protocols and guidelines set out by the Minister of Children Services Alberta along with Alberta Health Services.
What We Are Doing
- Staff are assessed daily for symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature check/questionnaire) prior to entering the centre. Hands are washed/sanitized immediately.
- Staff and children ONLY in the centre.
- Parents are required to complete electronic COVID-19 questionnaire at least 15 minutes prior to drop off.
- Children are assessed multiple times daily for symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature check/behavior/symptoms) and prior to entering the centre.
- Children and teachers are required to wash their hands upon entering centre, before and after meals, after washroom/diaper changes, after blowing nose and when entering to and from the outdoor playground.
- Close contact staff are required to wear a mask during the day.
- Classrooms are disinfected and toys are sanitized daily.
- Outdoor playground equipment is sanitized and disinfected after each cohort use.
- Classrooms follow Childcare Licensing Regulations.
- Cohort groups are not mixed.