COVID -19 Protocols: Preschool Programs
We want to assure you that our highest priority is creating a safe and healthy environment for your children and our staff. Therefore, to comply with government orders and guidelines, we are taking extra precautions to help our community stay safe and healthy. In addition, we are asking you – our parents – to partner with us by adhering to health guidelines, providing open and honest communication, and demonstrating patience. We will do our utmost to ensure that your children are safe and well cared for. Our staff team will follow the stringent protocols and guidelines set out by the Minister of Child and Family Services along with Alberta Health Services.
What We Are Doing
- Staff and children will be assessed each day for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building.
- All children will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building and while travelling in common areas.
- Each class will follow the ratio guidelines, 1:10.
- Anyone other than the designated teaching staff will be wearing masks in the programming area. This will include the children’s program supervisor and all cleaning staff.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of program areas and equipment will take place on a regular schedule throughout the day, and after each program.
- Cohort groups will not be mixed throughout the day. Registration for Ready, Set… 3s is only available for the public. Registration for KidStart Literacy is only available for JCC Childcare families.
- Shared spaces and structures (i.e. outdoor playground) will be cleaned and disinfected each day, and only used by one cohort daily.
- Children and teachers will be required to wash their hands upon entering the programming area, before and after meals, and when entering to and from the outdoor playground.