The secret to really good Garlic Bread is to keep it simple… and to use a lot of garlic! Be sure to use freshly shredded parmesan for maximum meltiness. This recipe is the perfect side for any pasta dish. But to be honest, just serving it by itself with some marinara for dipping is the perfect snack!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 + 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 pieces
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 125g butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- A handful of grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut top and bottom off garlic bulb and place on foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Wrap foil around garlic bulb and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Set garlic aside to cool slightly while you prepare the butter.
- Put the soft butter into a bowl and add parsley, olive oil, chilli flakes, parmesan, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mash everything together using a fork.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of the bulb and mash it into the butter.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise and cut each half into three pieces (trim off the ends).
- Spread a generous amount of garlic butter on each slice, and sprinkle on additional grated parmesan.
- Bake garlic bread at 200°C for 13 to 15 minutes until golden. Enjoy!