COVID-19 Pool Procedures Pool
COVID-19 Pool Protocols
Effective Monday, September 20, the Paperny Family JCC will be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program and will require all members and patrons of 12 years and older to have received at least their first vaccination on or before September 6, 2021 to enter the facility. Upon entry, proof of one of the following must be shown:
- Government-issued proof of COVID-19 double vaccination (between September 20 and October 25, proof of a single dose will be accepted as long as the dose was given two or more weeks prior to attendance);
- Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not allowed); or
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
All members and guests must also follow the procedures outlined below.
- Do not come to the JCC if you have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, or are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Time slots can be pre-booked online two days in advance for JCC members (login prior to booking your spot). The public can pre-book one day in advance for $10 per spot. No drop-ins are allowed.
- Cancellations must be made online at least eight hours prior to the start time of your reserved spot – otherwise, a $5 cancellation fee will be applied to your account. How to cancel a booking.
- Masks are mandatory at all times anywhere in the JCC, except when in the pool.
- Upon arrival at the JCC you must show proof of vaccination, sanitize your hands, and confirm your reservation with the lifeguard.
- Continue to practice physical distancing, at all times.
- Please arrive five minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Put your personal items (masks/jackets/bags/towels) in bins provided on the pool deck or in lockers in the change rooms. Shower head-to-toe.
- Walk clockwise around the pool deck (towards the rock climbing wall).
- Stand at the ‘wait here’ signs until your booking starts.
- Enter and exit the pool using the stairs.
- Upon exiting, walk clockwise around the pool towards change rooms.
- Collect your personal items from the bins (lifeguards will move the bins closer to the change rooms).
- Exit through the men’s or women’s change room.
- Use the change room for a maximum of 15 minutes to change.
Thank you for your cooperation.