Banana Ice Cream Chocolate Bites
Yield: 90 bites
- 3 bananas
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of full-fat coconut milk (60ml)
- 2 cups of dark chocolate (340 g)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (50 g)
- 3/4 cup of crispy rice cereal (25 g)
- Cut the bananas into slices and place into a freezer safe bag. Freeze until solid.
- In a food processor or blender, add frozen bananas, vanilla bean or vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Evenly distribute the banana mixture into the baking dish.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- Before taking out the ice cream, add dark chocolate and coconut oil into a bowl. Microwave for 1 ½ minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds, until fully melted.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool completely then add crispy rice cereal. Mix well.
- Lift the parchment paper out of the baking dish to remove the ice cream.
- Cut the ice cream block into ½-inch (12.7-millimeter) cubes.
- Dip bites into chocolate mixture until evenly coated.
- Place bites on a baking tray and freeze.
- Let the bites thaw 5-7 minutes before eating.