Blueberry Yogurt Granola Bars
Chewy and crisp, these Blueberry Yogurt Granola Bars are the perfect grab-and-go snack for everyone in the family. This recipe calls for simple, wholesome ingredients: oats, brown rice crisps, honey, blueberry jam, yogurt (there’s a little powdered sugar too), is gluten-free, and truly delicious!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 bars
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown rice crisps
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax (optional)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberry jam
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 inch square pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix oats, brown rice crisps, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, and flax (if using).
- In small pot, melt together honey and coconut oil over medium heat. Bring to a boil; boil 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over oats, and mix well to coat.
- Dump oats into prepared pan. Using the back of a half-cup measuring spoon, firmly press the mix into an even layer, really packing it tight.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully spread jam over oats. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Let cool another 30 minutes, then cut into bars.
- Make glaze: warm yogurt and honey together for 15 seconds in microwave.
- Add vanilla, then whisk in powdered sugar and meringue powder (if using).
- Dip or drizzle each bar with glaze. Let dry at least one hour, ideally overnight. The bars will be sticky if you don’t let them really dry. Store in an air-tight container.