Chocolate Chip Meringues
Instead of the usual matzah or macaroon recipe this Passover, how about trying something different such as Chocolate Chip Meringues? Give this super-easy recipe for cloud-like cookies, studded with chocolate chips a try and you will agree with us – they are crazy good!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
- 4 egg whites, warmed in the shell (submerge whole eggs in warm water)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (1 tablespoon every five seconds), and continue to beat until meringue is stiff and glossy, about 1½ minutes more.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop meringue by scant ¼ cups onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until dry and just golden brown, about 1 to 1½ hours.
- Let cool on baking sheets.