Cornflakes French Toast Sticks
The cornflakes create such an amazing crunchy exterior base, wonderfully complementing the fluffiness of the bread slices of this Cornflakes French Toast Sticks recipe. And turning them into sticks just makes it more fun to eat for both kids and grown-ups!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 slices bread, cut into 1-inch thick strips
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together, eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Working one at a time, dip bread strips into the egg mixture, then dredge in the crushed cornflakes, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add bread strips to the skillet, 3 to 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.