Crispy BBQ Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa and Jalapeño Cream
Summery and delicious, these Crispy BBQ Salmon Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa and Jalapeño Cream are a new warm-weather favourite. Smoky BBQ seasoned salmon stuffed into hard shell tacos, with a roasted jalapeño cream, and a yummy mango-avocado salsa. This recipe for spicy, BBQ seasoned fish tacos can be made all on one sheet pan – and in no time at all. They’re quick, vibrant, and so yummy!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon or white fish filets, cut into bite-size chunks
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Tajin or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt
- 12 hard shell tacos
- shredded lettuce/cabbage, for serving
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt
- 1½ cups diced mango
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1-2 jalapeños seeded, if desired and chopped
- ½ cup cilantro roughly, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus ¼ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup salsa verde
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- On a baking sheet, toss the fish pieces with olive oil, honey, Tajin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer.
- Roast 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking. During the last minute, switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred. Set the fish aside.
- Make the jalapeño cream by combining ingredients in a bowl; season with salt.
- Make the salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread cream cheese on the bottom of taco shells – layer in the lettuce, fish, and salsa. Enjoy!