Edible Cookie Dough
Calling all cookie dough lovers! Who doesn’t love licking the spoon when making a batch of delicious cookies? Well, here is a perfect and safe Edible Cookie Dough recipe that has the best flavour and texture! Even better, this is vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 20 Servings (or 1¼ cups)
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour, almond flour, or oat flour (see the notes below)*
- ½ cup brown sugar (do not substitute granulated)
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter (or coconut oil for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk of choice
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat treat the all purpose flour (skip if using almond or oat flour): If using all purpose flour, heat treat it to prevent bacteria growth. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the flour on a baking sheet and bake for 4 to 6 minutes until the temperature reaches 165°F, checking every few minutes with a food thermometer.
- Cool completely before using (be patient: if the flour is warm the texture of the cookie dough will suffer).
- Mix the butter and sugar: Soften the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds until just soft.
- Mash it with a fork with the brown sugar until fully incorporated.
- Make the cookie dough: Mix in all the other ingredients, using as much milk as you’d like to bring it together into a thick or smoother texture.
- Eat immediately, or store refrigerated for one week or roll into balls and store frozen for three months.
The flavour and texture is best with all purpose flour. For gluten-free, almond flour has the best texture and you don’t have to heat treat it. You can also use oat flour which is nut free and doesn’t need to be heat treated. Oat flour makes the texture of the dough a bit stiffer, so try adding about ¾ cup to one cup until you get the desired texture.