Fried Peanut Butter, Banana, and Jelly Sandwich
For those with kids heading back to school (and for those that don’t), this recipe for Fried Peanut (Wow) Butter, Banana and Jelly Sandwich is a perfect after school snack. Golden crisp on the outside and melty peanut (wow) butter and jelly on the inside. Mmmmmm…this is heaven!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut (or wow) butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly, any flavour
- 2 slices regular or gluten free bread
- 1 teaspoon regular or vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional: 1 banana, slices
- Spread one slice of bread with peanut (wow) butter, and the other slice with jelly.
- If you want, top peanut butter with sliced banana pieces.
- Put the two together to make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Bring a skillet with (vegan) butter to medium heat.
- Once the butter sizzles, add maple syrup and use the mixture to evenly coat the pan.
- Place the sandwich into the skillet and fry for about a minute on each side (until golden and crisp)