Fruit Ice Cubes
A nice treat for the warmer weather that the blue skies and sunshine brings! Keep the summer time vibes going with this fun recipe: Fruit Ice Cubes. Whether for adding to a smoothie, making an easy dessert treat for baby, or dropping into a weekend cocktail, these colourful ice cubes are fun and tasty!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
- Strawberries and other berries, remove stems
- Cantaloupe, and other melons, remove seeds and rind
- Mangoes and avocados, remove seed and skin
- Figs, remove stem
- Apples and pears, remove stem, seeds, and peel
- Cherries, peaches, and other stone fruits, remove stems and pits
- Citrus fruits, peel and remove seeds
- Any other fruit, prepare as needed
- Clean and prepare your chosen fruit by removing any seeds and thicker skins. The fruit listed in the ingredients are the ones in the image above, but you can freeze pretty much any fruit you choose.
- For harder, larger fruits, cut the fruit into smaller pieces and throw them into your blender or a container suitable for using with an immersion blender.
- Puree each grouping of fruit individually with your immersion blender.
- Pour the puree into ice cube trays. For thicker purees, like fig puree, you can use a spatula to help you press the fruit into the tray without leaving air spaces in the cubes.
- Place the trays, unstacked, in the freezer. Allow fruit puree to freeze solid, for several hours, before removing the cubes from the trays.
- Remove cubes from trays and store in ziplock type baggies in your freezer.