Green Goddess Quinoa Salad
Simple, healthy, and extremely adaptable to whatever veggies you have on hand, this recipe for Green Goddess Quinoa Salad may end up being a constant staple at your family meals. An added bonus is that the five-minute dressing will become your favourite sauce (read: dressing, marinade, dip, and spread)!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup (or more, to taste) Magic Green Sauce
Magic Green Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime (or two – get lots of limey goodness in there!)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pistachios
- Cook the quinoa in advance if you can – it tastes best when it’s had an hour to cool. For more flavour, cook it in vegetable broth.
- Magic Green Sauce: Pulse all ingredients – except pistachios – in a food processor until incorporated. Add pistachios and pulse until mostly smooth (depends on what consistency you want). Add additional water or oil to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or a marinade.
- Salad: Toss all ingredients together to combine.
- As mentioned, if the Magic Green Sauce is too thick to toss together with the other ingredients, just add a little water or oil to the bowl and it should toss together smoothly.