Hash Brown Breakfast Cups
Have you ever had breakfast for lunch (or dinner)? This super-easy recipe for Hash Brown Breakfast Cups will make you want to devour these tasty morsels at all times of the day! You can serve them for breakfast or as a brunch dish, but can definitely enjoy these cups of goodness for lunch or dinner served with a tossed green salad and fresh bread or toast.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 cups
- 20 oz frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (565 g)
- 1¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese, shredded (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, one cup of cheddar (100 g), salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Divide hash brown mixture into the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Press the hash browns down firmly along the shape of the cups.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes to set the cups.
- Crack an egg into each cup and sprinkle some salt, pepper, and the remaining cheddar on top. Bake again at 350°F (180°C) for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the egg whites have set.
- After they have cooled, remove cups by running a knife along their edges. Serve with all the toppings you desire!