Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Let’s up that autumn vibe with this yummy Healthy Pumpkin Muffins recipe. We might have dubbed these as healthy, but they sure don’t taste like it! We love them fresh from the oven, or days later toasted in a skillet with butter – you can even freeze them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons Demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° and line muffin tin with liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin puree, honey, eggs, butter, and yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in ¾ cup pecans.
- Divide batter into muffin liners, then top with remaining pecans and Demerara sugar.
- Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in pan, then serve and enjoy!