This South African honey cake is quick and easy and uses only a few ingredients.
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a small pie dish.
- Place all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk for 20 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, melt the sauce ingredients together.
- Prick the cake all over and pour the sauce over.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or custard.
From the Fired up Cooking SA