Slow Cooker Brisket
We know that some days are jam-packed and it’s not always easy to put together a decent meal on the table. So, we’re sharing a very easy recipe to throw in the slow cooker on those really busy days. This tender Slow Cooker Brisket, roasted to garlicky perfection with tomatoes and onions, requires only six ingredients!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours and 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 beef brisket (about 4 lbs), trimmed
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Season brisket with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper; add to large slow-cooker bowl along with crushed tomatoes and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low 10 hours in slow cooker or Instant Pot, or until very tender.
- About 25 minutes before meat is ready, on large rimmed baking sheet, toss red onion and yellow onion with olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Roast at 425°F for 20 minutes or until browned. Top brisket with roasted onions and finely chopped parsley.