Strawberry Watermelon Salad with Burrata
This Strawberry Watermelon Salad with Burrata shows off some of the best seasonal ingredients, and is perfect for a warm, summer’s day! The easy-to-make recipe highlights fresh fruits and veggies, herbs, creamy cheese, and a light dressing. Simple, healthy, and colourful!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup sliced Persian cucumbers
- fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- handful fresh mint
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios, chopped
Balsamic Fig Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves/jam
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
Spicy Pickled Red Onions
- ½ cup balsamic, or white balsamic, vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- In a salad bowl, arrange the melon, strawberries, cucumber, and basil leaves.
- Make vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a glass jar and shake, or whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle half the vinaigrette over the salad, gently tossing to coat. Add the burrata, pistachios, and the remaining vinaigrette.
- Top salad with additional herbs and pickled onions.
- To make the pickled onions, combine vinegar, honey, and salt in a glass jar. Add onion and serrano pepper. Cover and let sit least 30 minutes or up to two weeks in refridgerator.