Veggie Chickpea Burgers
This is often the time of year we pull out the hamburgers and hotdogs for summer barbecuing, but consider trying this delicious and healthy Veggie Chickpea Burger recipe. It’s so simple to make and packed with Mediterranean ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes and feta.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 patties
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more, if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine red onion, parsley, garlic, and oregano until finely minced.
- Add chickpeas, oats, flour, feta, and sun dried tomatoes until mixture starts to come together into a large ball.
- Using ¼ cup of the chickpea mixture, form patties about half-inch thick and arrange on a parchment lined sheet pan; it will yield six patties.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties in batches and cook until golden brown, four to five minutes per side. You may need to add additional oil between batches.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Assemble burgers and serve immediately… enjoy!