Cheesy Baked Spinach and Feta Casserole
Whoever said that Passover is all about eating matzah and butter? Make any leftover matzah disappear with a delicious and cheesy spin on lasagna. This Cheesy Baked Spinach and Feta Casserole is a holiday-friendly recipe that is sure to be a hit year round!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 1¼ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon each of kosher salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spinach, thick stems discarded and leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 sheets matzah
- tomato salad, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a food processor, puree ricotta, feta, egg, milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in scallions, then fold in spinach.
- Place one sheet of matzah in an 8-inch, square casserole dish. Top with one-third of spinach mixture. Repeat layering twice.
- Cover with foil and bake until heated through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with salad if desired – enjoy!