Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes
Want to up your Mother’s Day game and treat mom to breakfast in bed? Then go gourmet with this luscious Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes recipe. Made with lemon juice, blueberries, ricotta, salt and vanilla, and topped off with maple syrup and butter… these beauties will make the perfect weekend breakfast and score you extra points!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries (or blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc, or any combination – it’s up to you!)
- maple syrup and butter for serving
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In smaller bowl whisk together vanilla extract, milk, eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and gently whisk until well incorporated.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour about half a ladle onto a medium hot griddle and cook for three minutes, until edges start to firm up.
- Flip pancakes and finish cooking for another one to two minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and butter.