Baked Feta Pasta
If you’ve been keeping up with the current rage on TikTok, you’ll know that everyone is getting in on the Baked Feta Pasta bandwagon. And how could you not? This viral recipe is not only delicious but ridiculously easy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- ½ cup olive oil + more for finishing
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes (around 20-25 oz)
- 1 block feta about 8 oz
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- a few pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add olive oil to a baking dish and toss with whole cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper until everything is coated.
- Add feta in the middle and top with a splash more of olive oil plus a few cranks of fresh pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare bowtie pasta according to directions, then strain.
- After the 30 minutes has past, crank the heat up to 450° and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until feta and tomatoes have browned.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir so the residual heat cooks the garlic and releases the flavors from the red pepper flakes.
- Toss in pasta and stir one more time.
- Finish with fresh basil, another splash of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
It works best if you use a small baking dish so the tomatoes are touching.
If it’s dry after cooking, add ½ cup pasta water and stir.