Boursin Spinach and Sundried Tomato Orzo Bake
This Boursin Spinach and Sundried Tomato Orzo Bake is a crowd pleaser for good reason! Loaded with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, boursin cheese and then baked in the oven with a flavourful stock that leaves the orzo perfectly cooked and fluffy – it is an easy recipe to follow. Just add all of the ingredients to one big baking dish, cover it, and bake it in the oven – it will be ready in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 cups uncooked orzo
- 4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil from the jar
- 1 Boursin cheese 150 grams
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- 1½ cups smoked white cheddar shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teapsoon dried oregano
- ¼ teapsoon salt
- ¼ teapsoon pepper
- Set your oven to 425°F.
- In a large baking dish, add Boursin to the middle.
- Add uncooked orzo, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes (and the oil), veggie stock, and seasonings to the dish.
- Cover and bake for about 20 minutes or until orzo is almost cooked and liquid is almost fully absorbed. *Please note: cook time can take up to 50 minutes depending on your oven*
- Once stock is 90% absorbed, and orzo is almost done cooking, remove foil, stir, add shredded cheese and spinach, and mix together.
- Cover and return back to oven to cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until orzo is cooked through and all stock has been absorbed.
- Remove from oven and enjoy right away with lots of fresh cracked pepper.
- Tip: if you are using an unsalted veggie stock you may need to increase the salt to ½ teaspoon as this recipe uses a lightly salted stock. It is recommend to taste halfway through to see if any other seasonings are required.