Movie nights are even better when you add in a popcorn snack and this Caramel Popcorn recipe is a perfect one to make at home! It’s sweet, creamy, and so yummy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
- 5 quarts popped popcorn (½ cup of unpopped popcorn)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place popped popcorn in a very large bowl.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter and stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Allow it to boil without stirring for four minutes.
- Turn off heat and mix in vanilla and baking soda. Expect caramel to foam up once baking soda is added.
- Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn. Stir while pouring and until caramel coats popcorn evenly.
- Place popcorn in single layer onto two, large, shallow baking dishes.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely, about 5 minutes, and break into pieces. Serve and enjoy!