When she’s not at the Customer Service Desk answering your calls or at the rink coaching skaters, Cathy is busy preparing her favourite Meatloaf recipe (hey, vegetarians – substitute the ground beef for veggie ground round). Easy to make, this is a great mid-week meal when you need to get food on the table for your family!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Total Time: 110 minutes
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- One package of lean or extra lean ground beef (may use ground chicken or turkey)
- Three eggs
- Ritz Crackers Original (or fine bread crumbs)
- Your favourite meat seasonings… I use:
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic Chips (garlic powder will work)
- Fresh Diced Onion or Onion Chips
- All Season Salt
- Parsley Flakes
- One can of tomato sauce (for beef, or teriyaki sauce for chicken)
- Put the ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your seasoning and spices like you would for any other meat dish.
- Place 3 to 4 large handfuls of Ritz Cracker into a food processor to crush them into fine crumbs, or put them onto a sheet of wax paper and use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs.
- Add crackers crumbs and three eggs to the meat mixture and mix all together (it is easier to use your hands to get everything mixed thoroughly).
- If too wet add more crackers; if too dry add another egg.
- Put mixture on a sheet of wax paper and press the mixture out like a pie shell so that the mixture is approximately the same length as the loaf pan and about double the width.
- Add a splash of tomato sauce or teriyaki sauce on top and fold meat mixture in half, sealing all the edges together.
- Place in non-stick loaf pan and bake in oven for 45 minutes at 375°.
- Remove from oven, drain any fat off of the meatloaf and pour the remaining tomato sauce or teriyaki sauce on top and put back in the oven for an additional 45 minutes.