Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Stuffed Dates
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Stuffed Dates is a delicious, six-ingredient ice cream treat that is easy AND healthy! This recipe calls for chewy, sweet, and soft caramel-like Medjool dates, split, and then stuffed with your favourite vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, and roasted peanuts. Each date is dipped in chocolate, then frozen, and finished with a dusting of flaky sea salt. They taste magically just like a Snickers bar with vanilla ice cream in the middle.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 22 dates
- 22 plump Medjool dates, split lengthwise and pitted
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 24 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working quickly stuff each date with roughly 1 to 2 tablespoons of ice cream.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Grab the frozen dates, spoon/spread the peanut butter over the ice cream.
- Top with peanuts – it’s going to be a bit messy.
- Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a bowl in the microwave.
- Dip each frozen date in the chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (if desired).
- Freeze until completely frozen – two hours.
- Eat and enjoy the sweet, creamy, chewy goodness!