What a perfect time to start thinking about refreshing beverages on a hot summer day! Here is the perfect Coconut Lemonade recipe for a summery and tropical twist to amp up your regular lemonade. It’s basically an oasis in a glass!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 pitcher
Coconut Lemonade Ingredients
- 6 organic squeezed lemons
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ½ can of coconut cream
- 4 cups of water
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (or any sugar you would like to use)
- 1 cup water
- Start by zesting one lemon, set aside.
- Squeeze all lemon juice into your desired pitcher.
- Combine lemon zest, cane sugar and one cup of water to a small pot for the simple syrup. Bring to boil then simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Turn heat off and let sit to thicken further.
- Pour one full can of coconut cream into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in half cup of simple syrup mixture to your lemon juice in your pitcher.
- Add half of the blended coconut cream to the lemon juice and simple syrup in your pitcher. Stir until smooth.
- Add up to four cups of water to your pitcher but make sure to taste after every cup and stop adding water when your taste buds are happy as some people prefer sweet lemonade and others don’t!
- Fill glasses with fresh ice, then add coconut lemonade. Garnish with lemon or pineapple slices and ENJOY!