Garlic Butter Candle
Are you looking for an easy but fun appetizer for your next dinner party? Try this fabulous Garlic Butter Candle recipe. It is perfect for charcuterie and grazing boards or snacking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound butter, softened
- One head of garlic, roasted with olive oil
- One Italian loaf of bread
- One baguette
- 2 Solo cups
- 2 Wicks
- Sharp tip tool
- Slice top of head of garlic and place in a small roasting pan or oven-safe dish.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the garlic and bake covered for 20 minutes, then uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add softened butter to a bowl, and then add roasted garlic. Mix and whisk until smooth.
- Prepare plastic cups by making a small hole in the middle of the bottom of the cup.
- Insert a wick and fill each cup with half of the garlic butter.
- Make sure the wick is centered and pull from the top of the wick just until the metal piece is flush with the butter. Cover and freeze for at least two hours.
- Prepare the bread (which is the serving bowl) by choosing a loaf of bread that is deep enough to hold the butter candle. Because this recipe is for two, an Italian loaf can hold two butter candles.
- To hold the butter candles, make an X in the bread about the diameter of the candle. Then cut the X to form a circular hole to hold the first garlic candle.
- Repeat the X cut on the other end of the bread to hold the second garlic candle.
- Slice a baguette for serving.
- Once the garlic butter has hardened, remove from freezer and cut each cup to remove the butter candle.
- Place each butter candle into the holes in the bread loaf.
- Trim the wick a little and light. Allow at least 30 minutes for the butter to soften and get warm from the flame.
- Dip or use small butter knives to spread the butter, being careful not to extinguish the flame.