Layered Potato Cakes
This recipe for deliciously crispy individual Layered Potato Cakes is so simple to make! It is the perfect, comforting side for when you’ve forgotten to shop for groceries! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside – get ready for yumminess!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 Baking (russet) potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly on a mandolin
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup rated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and lay potatoes in concentric circles about four inches in diameter (about three to four layers thick).
- Bake for roughly 30 minutes. The bottom will be golden brown and crisp and the top still be slightly pale in colour.
- Remove from oven and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler for one to two minutes (keep an eye) until cheese has just melted.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately and top with more black pepper.