Melon Mosaic Salad with Hot Honey Vinaigrette
Melon Mosaic Salad with Hot Honey Vinaigrette is a light and refreshing treat on a super-hot day, and it’s easy to serve to friends and family. This recipe is a combination of melon and cheese – it tastes wonderful and is a great starter “salad” for a heartier dish. It can also be a delicious lunch if you aren’t in the mood for something more filling.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups watermelon cubes
- 2 cups cantaloupe cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 to 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 to 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 8 ounce block feta, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, like mint, basil, and chives
Ingredients – Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot honey
- 1 garlic clove, freshly grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- If you’re chopping everything yourself, be sure to chop the cubes roughly the same size. If you’re buying something pre-chopped, use that as the guide to size and chop everything else to size. Use the most of what you love! For instance, I like to use watermelon and cantaloupe the most, then cucumber, then fill in with avocado and tomato.
- As a note, you can also crumble the feta or do smaller cubes. You can also leave the cherry tomatoes whole and not slice them.
- Assemble the cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumber and feta cubes on a dish. Make the dressing as directed. Chop the tomatoes and the avocado, stick them in between a few of the cubes. There is no right way to do this! You can throw everything in a bowl, spread it out on a plate or layer it. Whatever you’d like.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the dressing and cover with the fresh herbs. Serve!
- Leftovers of this are delicious.
Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, hot honey, garlic, salt and pepper until combined.
- Stream in the olive oil while whisking the entire time.
- This dressing stays great in the fridge for up to a week.