Party Snack Mix
They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so with Father’s Day on the horizon, we’re here to give you a small boost! This Party Snack Mix recipe is easy to make with the kids as a gift to celebrate dad. You can store your mix in an airtight container for up to three days, if it lasts that long!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 Servings
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1¼ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2½ cups Wheat Chex square cereal
- 2½ cups Rice Chex square cereal
- 1½ cups nuts (peanuts, pecans, or cashews)
- 1½ cups small pretzel sticks
- Gather the ingredients and preheat oven to 275°F.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan over low heat. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic salt. Don’t use garlic powder as it changes the flavour profile and would be too strong.
- Combine the Wheat Chex, Rice Chex, nuts, and pretzel sticks in a large bowl and drizzle with the butter mixture. Carefully mix with a wooden spoon to avoid breaking the pretzels and cereal squares. Evenly coat all the pieces with the seasoned butter mixture.
- Place the mix in a shallow baking pan with sides. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so to evenly toast the mixture.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes and enjoy!