Vegan Cinnamon Bun Bread
Cinnamon rolls are serious comfort food, and they are so warming on chilly winter days. This recipe for Vegan Cinnamon Bun Bread is a unique twist to your typical cinnamon rolls. It’s not only easier, but looks beautiful and tastes amazing!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf / 8 slices
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 egg replacements
- 1 cup Califia protein oat milk
- ⅓ cup Califia plant butter, hard then melted
- 1 teapsoon vanilla
Cinnamon Sugar Blend
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Califia protein oat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a bread tin with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking oil spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In medium-sized bowl, add sugar and egg replacement. Whisk until smooth textured. Add in oat milk, butter, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to sugar and butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Make cinnamon-sugar mixture by combining in small bowl.
- Transfer half the batter to cake tin. Dust batter with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and swirl it in using a knife, toothpick or spatula. Repeat this step with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the bread.
- While bread bakes, prepare glaze by adding icing sugar and almond milk to a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Cool for five minutes in bread tin; remove and cool completely on wire rack. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle with a generous amount of glaze.