Whole Wheat Buns
These will be the softest 100% Whole Wheat Buns you’ve ever had! It is easy to make and so good – with or without butter. Even better, this recipe has no sugar added, but you’ll be adding lots of love!
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
Yield: 24 buns
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 pack of yeast (1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- egg wash + sesame seeds for topping (optional)
- Start by sifting the whole wheat flour very well into a large bowl. This step is super important!
- Into the large bowl, add yeast and salt, and give a little mix.
- In a different, medium-sized bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and start mixing with a tablespoon.
- Then start kneading the dough for 10 minutes. If the dough is too dry, add a little bit more water until it corporates. If the dough is too wet, add a little bit more flour until it corporates. You should get a very smooth and soft dough in the end.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 to 2 hours or until almost doubled in size.
- After the rise, divide dough into small balls (you can make them as big or as small as you want) and place on the pan.
- Cover and let rise for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Egg wash and top with sesame seeds (optional) and bake in oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Enjoy them when they’re warm and also later on when they cool down!
From quick.healthy.meals (Instagram)